Canada: Water Heater Installer at Reliance Home Comfort
To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
POSITION: WATER HEATER INSTALLER – 2 POSITIONS LOCATION: KINGSTON, ON
Reports to: Installation Manager
Reliance Home Comfort is proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2016!
The importance of culture in driving our success has long been endorsed internally at Reliance – it is our Home Team Advantage. Congratulations to our team members for living our guiding principles with a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an unwavering focus on customer service.
Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership offers essential home services to customers across Canada keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
Reliance is a $550 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years.
The Reliance portfolio consists of over 1.5 million residential water heaters in Ontario and is Canada’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters. It is also one of Canada’s largest heating and cooling companies. What has remained core to the business in our fast growing company is the continual development of strong customer relationships and loyalty, and investment in team members and systems necessary to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the business.
Past performance and future plans demonstrate that the business is doing the right things in its quest to become the destination of choice in its vertical by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The organization is well positioned to continue to out-perform others in a competitive marketplace.
Check Also: Waiter / Waitress – London, UK
Role Focus: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally install equipment in their homes.
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call; you are a proud ambassador for our company.
- Professionally install water heater and tank less equipment and accessory items in accordance with manufacturer specifications, local codes and company standards
- The replacement or repair of leaking water heaters, and maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Ensuring personal and customer safety
- Providing superior customer service (i.e. execution of “The Right Call” process)
- Creating positive customer relations through effective communication and problem solving
- Educating customers, providing options and making recommendations
- Actively participating in the training and mentoring of new installers
- Other duties, as assigned by management
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- Diagnostic and HVAC maintenance skills for residential equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position,(i.e. frequent lifting of weight of 25 kg, occasionally up to 50kg, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery).
- In addition, ability to lift and maneuver water heaters with the assistance of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/electricity).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills.
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat clean and safe standard (where applicable).
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with tank-less and water heater installation.
- Must have some experience in sales and be able to consistently generate HVAC leads and enroll customers in new service plans
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required, including weekends.
Training will be provided
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.