Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. Proudly representing major agribusiness, large primary producers, rural operators and local farmers – we are more than a recruitment agency. Founded on our firsthand knowledge of the land and dedicated to the ongoing success of our client’s businesses and our candidate’s careers, you can rely on us for expertise, advice and support.
Effectively undertaking all aspects of the day to day operations, the Farm Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of our client’s free range boiler poultry farm.
Experienced within the agriculture industry, you will use sustainable livestock management practices to develop and implement appropriate strategies that meet longer-term production goals and deliver incremental gains towards profitability, efficiency and quality.
The Farm Manager must be able to successfully drive a culture of high performance and innovation while effectively leading staff and ensuring compliance with WHS and biosecurity standards. Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement a farm management business plan
- Lead and motivate a large team
- Manage and operate farm resources and equipment
- Monitor animal welfare and production quality
- Actively promote a safe and productive company culture
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have experience in a supervisory role within the agricultural industry – poultry experience is highly regarded. You need to be an effective communicator – someone with great leadership skills who is committed to the support, development and positive engagement of your team.
Self-managing and proactive, you must have a good working knowledge of OH & S requirements and be efficient with excellent site management capabilities, ensuring all quality and maintenance standards are upheld. To be considered for the role, it’s important you address the following criteria:
- Qualifications in business, agriculture or a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working in the poultry industry or similar
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including client management and strategic relationship management
- Experience with SKOV management systems highly regarded
- Driver’s licence essential
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work demands and meet tight deadlines
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the concepts, principles and practical applications of animal husbandry and business operations
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team
- Computer skills with proficiency in the use of the Microsoft suite
Our client believes in the further development of staff – creating career pathways with training and mentoring programs that see you reaching your career goals. The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Ongoing career progression
- Accommodation (4 Bedroom house) and vehicle
Our client is a progressive and innovative Australian owned poultry business who have a long history within Broilers. This business has a great reputation for staff retention and a quality product.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’ and forward us your most up to date resume and any relevant certificates and licensing. For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Chapman, Permanent Recruitment Manager, Agri Labour: 0499 184 555
Key Job Info
- Start: ASAP
- Great Business Who Look After Their Staff
- Interviewing Now!
- Great Salary Package On Offer