- Inclusive and diverse organisation
- Permanent Full Time
- Ermington, NSW
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
- To enable care and accommodation services to be provided in a safe, sustainable and homelike environment through the timely undertaking of planned and unplanned maintenance
- Ensuring that maintenance work undertaken is compliant with corporate standards and WHS
- Communicate effectively with residents, staff and families, being empathetic and understanding of the needs of aged residents
- Ensure all contractors attending sites have had appropriate site induction and are working safely
- Undertake building/property maintenance tasks as necessary and in a timely manner. Such tasks may be routine or planned and/or reactive
Qualifications & Skills
- Trade qualification in a maintenance discipline or equivalent proven experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation that relates to buildings, workplace health and safety
- Minimum of 3 or more years’ experience in your field of expertise.
- Detailed knowledge on the application and use of CMMS desirable
- Demonstrated ability to maintain buildings and equipment to be compliant with legislation and/or corporate standards
- Understanding of obligations of contractors
- Computer skills
- Must have current NSW driver’s license
- Demonstrated experience in a maintenance role desirable
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Priya Mone on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check, reference checks and working with children checks.
PD Opens in new window