About the role
We are seeking an experienced and trade qualified Fitter Mechanic to join our underground operations team based from our Mt Thorley branch. You will be performing preventative maintenance, installations and breakdown work to Caterpillar longwall equipment on customer sites in the Hunter Valley region.
With constant pressure for greater productivity, improving the performance of longwall systems remains a key goal for mine operators. In this position you will add value to our customers operations, achieving maintenance and operational targets.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Mechanical trade qualification with proven post trade experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Caterpillar longwall equipment
- Diagnostic and fault finding/root cause analysis skills
- Attention to detail, ability to analyse problems and provide appropriate solutions;
- NSW drivers licence with the ability to travel, sometimes at short notice due to the nature of the role;
- Dedication to maintaining and promoting safe work practices
- Underground Longwall experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated to maintaining and promoting safe work practices
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice due to the nature of the role
You will possess a professional and proactive approach to your work supporting the longwall project. As a strong communicator and influencer, you will have the ability to work effectively with all levels of the business and will be adept in negotiating and problem solving.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Access to ongoing learning and development programs
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted private health plan
- Corporate travel discounts
About the company
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we’re more focused more than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link. Make the move with an industry leader today!
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.