Full time, ongoing position
St Michael’s Grammar School is one of the leading co-educational, independent schools in Australia, providing exceptional learning opportunities to students from Kindergarten to Year 12. St Michael’s Grammar School was established by the Anglican Community of the Sisters of the Church on its current site in 1895.
Educational excellence matters at St Michael’s Grammar School. We prepare young people to flourish in the contemporary context, and enable them to build the skills and develop the personal qualities that will serve them throughout their lives.
We are looking for a labourer to join our Maintenance team as a Maintenance Officer. This role is an important part of the School Community, contributing to the provision of a safe working and learning environment and ensuring that the School’s property and ground are maintained to a high standard. This includes event set up and pack down, relocation of furniture and equipment, repairs, rubbish removal and the provision of maintenance assistance and support to staff.
You must be aligned with the School’s ethos, vision and values. You are curious, excited and invigorated by learning and are a continuous, autonomous learner who makes visible their own learning. You will possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with a demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships.
The successful applicant:
- Has relevant and demonstrated experience in general maintenance roles
- Will possess a strong desire and willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Has knowledge of building maintenance practices and ground maintenance methods
- Has comprehensive knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment
- Has sound planning, hazard identification and problem solving skills with an ability to think logically and laterally
- Will participate as a collaborative team member and operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Shows a strong community and service ethic and commitment to delivering exceptional service
- Will develop positive, collaborative relationships and effective communication with the School community
- Is willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s program
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain prior to commencement
- Must have a current National Police Check or be willing to obtain prior to commencement
This is a full time, ongoing position commencing as soon as possible. The classification of this role under the School’s Agreement is School Operational Services, Level 1.
Key benefits of working at St Michael’s Grammar School include:
- Competitive salaries and salary packaging
- 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 10% superannuation
- Flexible working practices
- Professional development programs, including coaching
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Social and fun team activities
- Career development opportunities
- Stimulating working environment (progressive, fast-paced)
- On-site cafeteria with barista-made coffee
- Innovative learning environment
St Michael’s Grammar School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the Schools website.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Wednesday, 10 April 2019