Work As Office Assistant In Concordia University, $24.65 hourly
The Office Assistant will be reporting to the Director, Office of the Provost and functionally to two Vice-Provosts, and offers administrative and logistical support to the Office of the Provost.
The Office Assistant also avails scheduling and administrative assistance to two Vice-Provosts. Also serving as an initial contact person for visitors and offers general information and assistance to students, faculty members, and the general public. Primary responsibilities
- Maintain the agenda of the Vice-Provosts and schedule all appointments and meetings;
- Ensure that relevant documentation including agenda, note sheets, e-mails, action item sheets, formal documentation, etc. are included to aid the daily activities of the Vice-Provost.
- Monitor the Vice-Provosts’ public email accounts, respond and re-direct inquiries accordingly.
- Conduct secretarial and administrative tasks for the Office, including booking, meeting space and supporting in logistics for meetings and events.
- Compose and forward general correspondence to faculty and staff.
- Process mail, send faxes, maintain bulletin boards and order stationery supplies in providing efficiency of the daily activities of the department.
- Manages a system for proper document management; organize and maintain files.
- Review, verify, process, and follow up on staff expense reports, corporate credit card, internal and interdepartmental expenses, and perform other functions in relation to the Office’s financial administration.
- Ensure travel plans and process expense reports for the Vice-Provosts.
- Participates in Office projects and various activities as needed by the Director.
Requirements For An Office Assistant
- Attestation of College Studies and two to four years of similar work experience.
- Good understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to use the Internet.
- Good (Level 4) knowledge of spoken and written English as well as basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French in order to provide and interpret detailed information and to write routine correspondence.
- Capable to relate professionally and effectively with senior officials and all of the constituencies of the university community, including external contacts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize duties while controlling a high volume of inquiries with little supervision.
- Calm personality, even and professional demeanor.
- Capable of working outside of normal work hours.
- Salary: $24.65 – $29.66 per hour
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae with a cover letter by January 15, 2019. IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of selected candidates will be tested.